Ra's should wear a suit more often, that's my biggest take away from this issue.
Surprise, hero goes to place in their past and everyone wants them dead! Whoops.
Batman heads to the past, then gets Metal, meanwhile Nightwing fights everyone.
Friday, March 31, 2017
I say "kinda" because they only posted one page, but I'm pretty sure ComicBook.com does this a bit, posting stuff early or incomplete... I'd check back like early next week for maybe the full preview? I mean, what's Newsarama gonna swipe without it?
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Full disclosure... This will be the first day in a post-Persona 5 release world, so my write ups may very well be "stuff happened, bye."
- Batman #20: Finale of I Am Bane, I bet they punch each other a bit.
- Nightwing #18: Pyg leads to Hurt... I'm surprisingly game for this.
Metal is being announced on Sunday at the Dallas FanExpo, watch for that stream. Tom King is also apparently going to talk more about his next arc The War of Jokes and Riddles, which I'm going to guess sounds like a Zero Year flashback.
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Okay, so we're changing things up here. Stack Rundown: Dead. I don't want to write something about every single issue I read in a week. I don't got time for that anymore, and more often than not, I don't have much unique to say about a particular issue that differentiates it from the previous in the series, and it just ends up making me rush through comics so I have everything read by Sunday morning.
So instead, I'm going to replace Rundown with Highlights, which will see me only highlight the issues of the week I actually feel like I have something to say, or they caught my attention for a particular reason. This won't be weekly, because I can't guarantee every week will feature an issue or two that catches my attention in a particular way. So it's more of a "whenever the hell I feel like it" sort of schedule, which suits me pretty well at this point.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Monday, March 20, 2017
Dark Days arrive, but screw that, because Zatanna is in Detective Comics, and that's Paul Dini levels of nostalgia awesome.
Here I was thinking I was going to open this by referencing the Perturbator album in some form, only to remember that's called "Dangerous Days," so there goes that pull.
Metal this is not, but it seems we've got a prelude to Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's now-not-so-summer event, which I've been suppressing my excitement for going on 7 months now? Yeah. Didn't know this was coming, but nevertheless, Scott Snyder, James Tynion, Jim Lee, Andy Kubert and John Romita JR have "The Forge" and "The Cast" one shots coming in June and July that set the stage for events to come... boy you sure do forge and cast metal, don't you?
You can read more about it at DC's site, hell, you've probably already read enough about it while I was at work, but nevertheless, this all sounds cool... and if what half the shit I've heard about the probably-still-called Metal remains true (given the time that's past), this could be one awesome event, unlike those we've seen before.
On top of that, James Tynion has confirmed that this is what the final scene of Detective Comics #950 was about, and on top of that, Tim Seeley of Nightwing and Steve Orlando of Justice League of America have chimed in too.
(Source: DC Comics)
Friday, March 17, 2017
No more Batgirl! I think that book is bad. Not gonna read it anymore.
- Detective Comics #953: There seems to be a lot of issues of this book that has Batman's team giving him some shit on the cover.
- Mother Panic #5: Surprised this is coming out so soon, almost missed it.
Solicitations next week. Seems like the next Batman arc might have to do with Riddler and potentially Joker?
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Hey look, I made it. Had a snow day, go figure. Like I said on Twitter, this series of posts is on hiatus. I've got a long term project at work that requires some weekends, so that obviously takes priority. Can't say I can see myself doing this post regularly that much anymore.
Now with more pages... and it's like, half the book's content, so if you want to read it on the site whose YouTube channel is hilarious top ten list garbage, then by all means!
Also, I'm going to laugh when Duke decides to call himself Lark like that's a surprise.
Monday, March 13, 2017
Friday, March 10, 2017
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Would you look at that, I actually put some effort into the graphic this week. That's pretty rare.
- Batman #19: Bane tearing it up in Arkham... there seems to be a history there.
- All-Star Batman #8: Mad Hatter is one of those villains really really care very little for, curious to see what Snyder does with him.
- Batwoman #1: Probably the best looking book of the week, just going out on a limb there.
- Nightwing #17: Enter Deathwing! Still sad about the lack of 90s in his redesign :(
Absolutely stacked week.
Origin issue! Sort of... and god damn it, again... teasing me with only one issue of Kenneth Rocafort... and Guillem March on variant covers to boot! Maaaaaaan... I need more DC books from both those guys.
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Monday, March 6, 2017
Aside from one patchwork art issue, Detective Comics has been one of the best visually represented books in Rebirth. Even when you get art that's not from the promoted team of either Eddy Barrows or Alvaro Martinez, it looks fucking great. Blanco and Duce are pumping out some great looking stuff here.
(Source: Den of Geek)
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017
Teasing me with one issue of Kenneth Rocafort art ins't fucking fair. You done fucked up DC, never should have let Marvel woo him away...
Andrea Sorrentino, too.
(Source: Graphic Policy)
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Hey look, we're in March already... June solicits will be this month, so mayyyyybe Snyder/Capullo stuff... pretty tired of sitting on my excitement for that thing. Anyhoo.
- Detective Comics #952: Batman is 0 for 3 in "this secret society that wants to kill me doesn't exist" in recent continuity... c'mon Bats.
- Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #8: Boy I hope they acknowledge the Spyral stuff in this issue going off that cover.
- Red Hood and the Outlaws #8: Taunt me with more Kenneth Rocafort and then take it away, because you're jerks. Seriously DC... get. him. back.
- Mother Panic #4: Shawn Crystal takes over art for the next three (I think) issues. Curious to see his work on the title.
- Gotham Academy: Second Semester #7: Forgot about this one then just saw the preview. Whoops!
I'm in full on "Oh god, games" mode. Reading comics is going to be hard these next few months.