Ra's should wear a suit more often, that's my biggest take away from this issue.
Surprise, hero goes to place in their past and everyone wants them dead! Whoops.
Batman heads to the past, then gets Metal, meanwhile Nightwing fights everyone.
Monday, November 28, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Ah, look at this with the quick turnaround, holiday included. Only one more episode to go after this one, and maybe that one won't crash on me mid play through, making me edit two cuts together!
Take a break, fix your shit, Telltale.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Not quite sure if I'll actually be doing anything next week.
- Batman Annual #1: I'll skim through this to see if there's anything worthwhile, then do a post about it. But if it's just a collection of disconnected short stories that don't really add anything to the current continuity (aka, nothing that will ever be revisited) then I'll pass and take the week off.
That's it. Go eat some stuff, I guess.
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Was a bit concerned when I found out this issue had an unannounced art switch, saw this, thought it looked okay, then saw there's another artist on top of this, so it could be all sorts of inconsistent, who knows!? Double shipping, am I right?
Monday, November 21, 2016
February is here, or will be, and these are the comics that come with it.
Some new stuff, Batwoman being the biggest of the bunch. New one-off artist for All-Star Batman in Tula Lotay, which is fucking perfect for Poison Ivy, and a new member of the Detective Comics team in the from of Azrael, which is probably pretty predictable.
Sunday, November 20, 2016
Friday, November 18, 2016
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Thanksgiving week here in the US, but there are still comics to read.
- Detective Comics #945: Stephanie plays the blame game with Batman if the cover is anything to go by.
- Batgirl #5: Well, it's the end of an arc that I didn't like at all, so there you go.
February solicitations should hit next week as well. Look forward to Batwoman: Rebirth and I think Super Sons as well as Justice League of America finally hit in February as well.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Remember that first arc where I was like "this is cool, but it's missing that moral ambiguity from Tom King that makes you question how you feel about everything that something such as Omega Men featured."
Monday, November 14, 2016
Oh, you and New 52 Superman were good friends, were you, Dick? When was that? What issue again? Was it when he was probably in the background of a Forever Evil page while you were dead? Great established friendship!
Nice try, New 52! We all know you were garbage in terms of shared universe continuity! Don't you lie to me, and stay in the ground where issues like this right here weren't possible!
(Source: Comics Beat)
Sunday, November 13, 2016
WWE starts putting out legit books through a legit publisher and you think "man, this is probably some mastubatory bullshit" and sure... that latest entry in the "Sasha Banks really loved Eddie Guerrero" saga is, especially that fucking last page, but besides that, boy does this WWE book go places I didn't expect.
Friday, November 11, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
And life goes on, comics continue to happen.
- Batman #11: From what it seems, it looks as if Catwoman is becoming a mainstay in this book post this arc, which I'm entirely ok with.
- Nightwing #9: One-off issue with the new old Superman... or old new. Those are interactions I really want to see, specifically that one with the Wally from the pre-New 52 universe.
Write ups for Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Red Hood and the Outlaws and Gotham Academy coming when I get home from work today.
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Monday, November 7, 2016
Granted, I know DC's probably trying to sell their new line of weird books, but jesus christ, this "preview" is 13 pages long. That's over half the issue! I'd call this "someone who fucked up and didn't put all the pages in their torrent" before a regular preview.
(Source: Hit Fix)
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Was trying to get this done yesterday, but something kept messing up the upload and then I had to finish off Mafia III as well as getting a few rounds of Titanfall 2 in... Well I didn't have to, but I wanted to.
ANYWAYS. Middle chapter, reveal of the big bad guy and... yeah, it's weird.
Can we just make it a worldwide rule that every Sunday has an extra hour now? That'd be real nice so I wouldn't feel like I was so behind on this post every week.
Also, expect my post on Batman: The Telltale Series episode 3, later today.
Friday, November 4, 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2016
(Source: The GWW)
I wonder if this book is just sort of going for the general younger audience or if this witch stuff is going to spin back around to Gotham stuff, which I clearly prefer.
(Source: Graphic Policy)
Should be a bit of a different week next week.
- Mother Panic #1: Doom Patrol has been cool, looking forward to seeing how Young Animal adapts Gotham.
- All-Star Batman #4: At some point Two Face gets tied to the back of a plane. That's pretty okay.
- Detective Comics #944: Batwing suits up for the first time in awhile if the cover is anything to go by.
- Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #4: Huntress goes rogue?
- Red Hood and the Outlaws #4: More Red Hood, more Artemis, more Bizzaro.
- Gotham Academy: Second Semester #3: Witches get stitches, I don't know. It rhymes.
Might do the thing where I split these books up over Wednesday and Thursday again. Five after full day of work is never fun.
Really hopping Mother Panic turns out to be good. Already seeing Batwoman in it so I hope they're allowed to use a lot of Gotham.