Wrestling is on, and I'd rather not give it my full attention, because you know, it's totally dumb, so how about some blogging? SDCC is right around the corner, and for once, it's before October's solicitations are released, which means DC might actually have something to announce this year. We also know that something is coming from DC in October, so the forecast of announcements looks good. Safe bets are that Dark Universe and Mystic U will be released in October, but what about Gotham? Well that's what I'm here for! Time for some speculation!
So, if you haven't been with the site long, this is one of those posts where I predict announcements. Sometimes it's like shooting fish in the barrel, sometimes I'm just guessing what I'd really like to see happen despite knowing I'm not allowed to have too many nice things. Anyways, let's start off with the easy ones...
Batman Eternal Year Two
New Detective Comics Team
- Birds of Prey: What are you waiting for DC? Birds of Prey has sucked big time for while now, but we've now got a slew of refreshed ladies both eligible and waiting in the wings. We've got new, well received takes on Batgirl and Black Canary, Spoiler is back in the picture, meanwhile Bluebird and Batwoman have no homes at the moment.
- Give Tim Seeley Another Book: I like Tim Seeley, he writes real entertaining stories and plays with fun elements of continuity really well. Grayson is great. How about more great books? I don't know, seems like a good idea to me.
- Why do you hate Jason Todd, DC?: Red Hood sucks at the moment. Seriously. Jason Todd is just shitty. I've been saying this for god damn ever, DC needs to take Jason Todd away from Scott Lobdell, and give him back to the Bat office, where something entertaining and new can be done with him. This isn't going to happen because for some reason Red Hood/Arsenal was just launched to a mediocre at best reception. Jason's character needs to get back to his roots, give him a more of an edge and something new and interesting to do. I want a Grayson-level new direction for Jason, because right now his direction is literary equivalent of a big wet fart.
- Remember Tim Drake?: I don't know... I figure DC should probably do something to make him relevant in Gotham again. He sort of is completely not a factor at all, and barely has been since The New 52 began. Again, this probably won't happen, because technically Tim has a solo title in Batman Beyond, but who the fuck are they trying to kid?
- Make Suicide Squad Good: Not really Batman related in anyway, but New Suicide Squad is kind of mediocre, but the property has been getting all sorts of attention lately. If I was DC I'd get an A-List tame to shape that thing up real quick before next year.