Hey guess what!? Damian is Robin again... Well, not yet, exactly... but you get the point.
Enjoy these solicitations while they last! The DCU could look very different, come June.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Merry fucking Christmas, there's a lot of comics next week. Despite there being a fifth week, DC decided to put all the annuals out next week, so jeeeeeezus, so much.
- Robin Rises Alpha #1: I'm still not sure how I feel about super powered Damian, but I guess we'll see, because it's happening next week.
- Batman Annual #3: No idea what this one is gonna be like. I assume it may continue the story of the back-ups?
- Grayson Annual #1: This was supposed to be super Helena Bertinelli but DC gave the writing team more space to tell the story, so this has apparently changed a bit.
- Batman Eternal #38: Batman gonna find the bad guys? I dunno.
- Harley Quinn #13: Harley and Power Girl's team up comes to a disastrous end.
- Arkham Manor #3: Well, half way point of the series, I guess?
- Gotham by Midnight #2: Some creepy nun in Slaughter Swamp... Look, I'll be honest, I'm writing how many books I've got to cover and just thinking "GOD DAMNIT," not trying in these blurbs.
- Catwoman Annual #2: Good god, eight books? EIGHT BOOKS. Largest Gotham Spoilers week, ever.
Fuck you DC, fuck you. Eight books... UUUUUUUGH.
Look how much money I'm spending on comics next week, just for issues relevant to this site alone! You should support Gotham Spoilers by shopping at the links I've got in the banners.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Batman Eternal #41 cover right there, and Tim's getting high on that nanovirus. I got to say, even though I've sort of been bringing up this hanging plot thread with a degree of snark, with Endgame and Amazo Virus, I'm not sure I care about a third big virus story.
Monday, December 15, 2014
So, a few things to talk about this month. First off, this will be the last solicitations post, until March, because my thoughts on Convergence can be summed up as "screw that noise." Speaking of Convergence, as I expected, quite a number of books got cancelled. Now, before the freakouts start, this basically confirms DC's going to be doing The New 52 Phase 2 in June, with a ton of new books... maybe they'll finally even drop the New 52 name! Do the cancellations effect the Batman books? You bet they do! Say goodbye to Batwoman, which has been on all sorts of declines of late, and Arkham Manor will be riding into the sunset, as many cynics predicted, that was a very limited time concept.
No major creative shake-ups to take note of, there will be a Batman and Robin annual as well is a Batwoman annual to truly wrap up the seres, then of course we've got the End Game tie-ins, so while DC is taking a two month break, they're definitely going out with a bunch of Gotham books, that's for sure.
Solicits after the jump.